‘When it comes to the environment, 2016 brought a steady stream of grim news. At the same time, it’s not all bad news out there. The year saw some clear signs of environmental progress, too. Rare though they were, these five environmental stories were true bright spots:’
1) Global carbon emissions appear to have stopped increasing.
2) Worldwide, wind and solar are booming.
3) World leaders seem determined to combat global warming (well, most world leaders).
4) Technology is providing a glimmer of hope.
5) The oceans are finally getting the attention they deserve.
To read more click, ‘A blockbuster year for solar energy’
Covey Cowan, Mill Valley, California